WELCOME

to the thoughts inside my head....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Soaring: Flight 9


As I fly away from the home we’ve created in no time at all
38,000 feet up and I know if I fall… you’ll catch me
I just asked God to pinch me, I don’t really want to wake up
Is this a dream or the desires of my heart’s reality
Ask and It is Given was always a saying to me, a quote someone wrote
Then it was a book I read
TODAY it is like my butter and bread
Not margarine or spread… the butter that tastes just like it did when
I was eating those fresh pilsbury biscuits in the morning that mama baked
And as essential as the bread that fed 40,000

See people write poems about love all the time
Misconstruing lust and then creating a rhyme
Talking about the arch of the back or describing love as an addiction like heroin or crack
This isn’t that type of flow
The surface stuff is just that little bit more
That works … like two cosmic puzzle pieces that found one another
In the black hole of the outside world like the eight ball in the corner pocket
The trajectory of destiny … nothing can stop it

My next boyfriend became my last
Amidst my sarcasm and sass
I never feel more beautiful than when I am with you (because you can’t help but tell me every other second, time enough to breathe me in and repeat it again)
Somehow you do what you do so well and I’ll never be through
A piece of paper, the courts, or the ceremony will just be the worldly validation
Nothing is contrived, if organic is what this is or some sort of emancipation
I embrace it with my whole spirit, body, mind … and yes my SOUL
Cut from the same cloth…. WE are cut from the same cloth and now woven back together
The cloth that has you finishing my sentences and me yours
Has us serving each other, both on all fours
Because there’s no ego involved no superego or ID
Psychology doesn’t have a place in this game of minds because I grew up in your eyes and the mind games stopped at HELLO.. yup that’s where you had me
I no longer play with toys and no longer worry about boys and no longer listen to the noise of blablahblah what’s your name, what’s your sign, listen I can spit you a quick rhyme….
You croon me to sleep in that grown and sexy type way
I get lost in the raspiness at the back of your throat
God I love that sound… Lenny ain’t got nothin’ on you!
If the hills are alive with the sound of music.. your music is the himylayan mountains that stretch far beyond anything our simple grey matter could ever fathom
Because God ordained this union and HE is the keeper of our “bigger picture”
In sickness and health for poorer or richer
Words are no longer words, they are purpose driven lyrics and melodies
Equally yolked finally a union of pure RECIPROCITY
You are more than my everything … you are my anything, any time any place
Whether miles away or face to face
You and me are WE, and WE are one
Ahhhhh to grow old together…. I can’t wait ;)
Just looked out the window again… I’m awake and still soaring.  


No comments:

Post a Comment